Re: dh_installtex usage by texlive

Hi all!

On Die, 13 Mär 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> I'm not sure (see how all these paragraphs start with the same phrase?

Well I guess I *have to* say "I am sure ..." but to be honest, I am
neither ;-)

> If that were the only reason, though, we could add that code only when
> dh_installtex knows about hyphenation patterns.

It *does* know in the sense that it knows what to do in the case that
language.d snippets are installed.

> > One clear reason is hyphenation patterns, I guess. If the package being
> > removed ships hyphenation patterns, we want to rebuild the formats
> > without those patterns. Therefore, if this rebuild fails, it may leave
> > formats belonging to other packages unusable.
>
> Yes, but that won't have "allformats" in #WHATTODO#, but "language".
> This part still uses dhit_build_format.

Yes, but with --whatevertherightconfiglineswitchforhyphen.cfgwas.

I was sure that at TL2005 packages all package could be installed with
*MINIMAL* depends (aptitude --without-recommends install ...) since I
made test runs with *all* packages (install/remove/install/purge). So
the problem (if at all) is
- either present in 'third party' packages (littex and latex-cjk are the
  only 'third party' pattern I know of)
- or in tl2007 packages, which I haven't tested at this level for now

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
HOGGESTON (n.)
The action of overshaking a pair of dice in a cup in the mistaken
belief that this will affect the eventual outcome in your favour and
not irritate everyone else.