dh_installtex usage by texlive (was: SVN tex-common commit: r2562 - in tex-common/trunk: debian scripts)

Frank Küster <frank@alioth.debian.org> wrote:

> Author: frank
> Date: 2007-03-09 15:12:25 +0000 (Fri, 09 Mar 2007)
> New Revision: 2562
>
> Modified:
>    tex-common/trunk/debian/changelog
>    tex-common/trunk/scripts/postrm-tex
> Log:
> - Make sure that dh_installtex's postrm snippets won't try to run
>   fmtutil-sys when it might be already uninstalled.

This is probably pretty irrelevant for etch, because it only shows up
when a basic TeX package uses dh_installtex.  Imagine what happens when
texlive-base-bin, which provides updmap-sys, fmtutil-sys and friends, is
removed and has the following code in the postrm:

            if [ "$i" = allformats ] ; then
                for fmt in #FORMATS# ; do
                    rm -f /var/lib/texmf/web2c/$fmt.*
                done
                dhit_build_format --all
            fi

I have changed from dhit_build_format (which does not check for the
existence of the executable) to dhit_check_run_without_errors
fmtutil-sys.

However, I am not sure that this isn't too liberal: It won't give an
error even when fmtutil-sys is present, but fails.  On the other hand,
either the package that uses "allformats" is removed, then it doesn't
matter. Or it is upgraded, then the error will show up in the postinst,
which still uses dhit_build_format.

Comments?