Re: idempotency and modularity of tpm2deb-bin.pl

Hi Frank!

On Don, 15 Mär 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > - make_maintainer still uses global variables (@configfiles) which are
> >   only set in make_deb; this could be worked around
>
> I've a fixed version on my disk where @configfiles is handled
> separately.

You disabled the clearing of @configfiles in tpm2deb-bin.pl:
# 	# clean @configfiles
# 	@configfiles = ();
(I assume it was you). This is BAD, because the configfiles accumulate
within a source package. I.e. if the first bin package has 5 config
files, all the following bin packages have *ALSO* (at least) these 5
config files in @configfiles.

Maybe I miss some other change you did, but I had the very same problem
at one of the first test builds, and ended up with a lot of wrong calls
to handle_config_files ...

> place again.  But again, this should give an error if the destination is
> already present?

Maybe a simple change to mycopy would suffice, as it is used to do the
copy?

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
ACLE (n.)
The rouge pin which shirtmakers conceal in the most improbable fold of
a new shirt. Its function is to stab you when you don the garment.