Re: tpm2deb-bin.pl: minor Perl issues

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> 1. tpm2deb-bin.pl frequently uses constructs like
>
> 	eval { mkpath($rundest) };
> 	if ($@) {
> 		die "Couldn't create dir: $@";
> 	}
>
>   In terms of readability, I would prefer
>
>         system("mkdir -p $rundest") == 0
>                 or die "Couldn't create dir $rundest";

Not that I understand anything about Perl, but using system() exposes
you to problems with argument quoting (spaces, dollar signs, etc.). And
it launches a shell for nothing useful unless you rely on globbing or
something like that (the tiny "waste of resources" is probably
irrelevant here, though).

--
Florent