Re: alpha building reborn - texlive-bin breakage poppler help

> Now for xetex...
>
> Sometimes I am asking myself whether it makes sense to deal with this
> poppler stuff and why not push it upstream ...

Martin Schröder from pdfTeX is very open to using poppler, I've talked
to him in real life about that.  It was just too late for pdfTeX 1.40.

And I think before suggesting it again, we should try to rewrite the
patch, so that it uses IFDEFs and can be switched on and off with
--with-system-pdflib