Re: alpha building reborn - texlive-bin breakage poppler help

>> I guess we can just disable building of pdftosrc for now, to be able to
>> compile it without tweaking the build environment.  As soon as etch is
>> released, we'll get libpoppler1 in sid, I'm sure.
>
> Or we go for experimental anyway?

Yes, I suggest to upload to experimental as soon as we've done some
basic testing.  However, this won't help very much with the libpoppler
problem, since usually (i.e. on the experimental buildds) experimental
packages are built against unstable.  It will be necessary to add
experimental to the sources list in our personal builds, and they will
FTBFS on the project-wide experimental buildds.

> What is pdftosrc BTW, is it installed? I don't see it anywhere?

Ah, it's not even installed?  Then why do we attempt to build it?

It's functionality is described in http://bugs.debian.org/260132, but
it's not installed with teTeX 3.0, either, because the same task can be
achieved with pdftk's unpack command.  On the other hand, if pdfTeX
upstream keeps developing it, it might make sense to include it.

We should simply ask.

> So it might be better to get it compile without pdftosrc, but the rest
> does compile without experimental poppler?

I haven't tried yet.