Re: NOT YET: Please unblock texlive-bin

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 07.01.07 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
>> Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:
>> > Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>
> Hi,

>> > Yes, this changes the situation in a considerable way. I have a hard
>> > time taking a decision for tetex-bin.
>> >
>> > Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank, do you hear me?! :)
>>
>> Yes ;-).
>>
>> But I'm currently not really up to date, or rather I don't know whether
>> I am.  As far as I know
>>
>> - Are there any test reports for the packages Hilmar and Norbert have
>>   provided?
>>
> As you noticed the submitter of the original bug said, the problem
> is fixed now.
> I have to admit I didN#t read the patch, just applied it.

Well, it looks pretty logical, it doesn't change anything that is used
at some different place except date_string - and here it seems to do
exactly what it should, according to Prabhu's report.  Although I must
say I don't understand it, the relevant bits seem to be

sprintf(date_string, "...%02ld'%02ld'",...,abs(tz_offset)/3600, (abs(tz_offset)/60)%60)

where the "d" signifies a conversion from an integer to signed decimal
notation - but in half-hour timezones tz_offset is not a multiple of
3600, and therefore the result of the calculation not an integer.