Re: NOT YET: Please unblock texlive-bin

Hi Frank, hi all!

On Fre, 29 Dez 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> Hi, I just wanted to write:
>
> | Dear release team,
> |
> | the Debian TeX Task Force would be grateful if you could
> |
> | unblock texlive-bin/2005.dfsg.2-8
> |
> | which I uploaded today.
>
> However, I noticed that texlive-bin has two bugs open with patches, one
> of them important, the other probably also for users in the
> half-our-timezones:
>
> #402925: upgrading tetex creates ls-R in user homedir if sudo is used
>
> #403267: tetex-bin: dvipdfm crash in some timezones
>
> I think we should try to fix these, too, before we ask for unblocking.

The mktexlsr fix is checked in. Should I build new packages and upload
them with only this fix? Or do we ask for the unblock of the current
package first?

Concerning the second one: I think we came to the conclusion that this
is not a good idea to rush to a solution here. I will leave it out for
now.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
TYNE and WEAR (nouns)
The 'Tyne' is the small priceless or vital object accidentally dropped
on the floor (e.g. diamond tie clip, contact lens) and the 'wear' is
the large immovable object (e.g. Welsh dresser, car-crusher) that it
shelters under.