Re: NOT YET: Please unblock texlive-bin

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, after Mark sent the patch I am thinking ... see other email...
>
> Yes, this changes the situation in a considerable way. I have a hard
> time taking a decision for tetex-bin.
>
> Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank, do you hear me?! :)

Yes ;-).

But I'm currently not really up to date, or rather I don't know whether
I am.  As far as I know

- tetex-bin is the same version in etch and sid, texlive-bin isn't (2
  days needed, has the release team been asked?)

- The patches compile fine

- somewhat different patches have been tested in Ubuntu and Gentoo

- Are there any test reports for the packages Hilmar and Norbert have
  provided?

- for tetex-bin, we do not have any other bugs currently that we'd like
  to fix in etch.  For texlive-bin, we'd like to have the mktexlsr bug
  fixed, too.

Taking this information (and non-information) together, I would say that
we could upload tetex-bin with Hilmar's fix.  As for texlive, I'm
unsure, and would like to know more about the tests.

One more thing:  Somewhere I've read in some mail, I think, that we
could recommend that people use dvipdfmx instead of dvipdfm.  Does that
mean that dvipdfmx is already patched and in etch?  AFAIK I once looked
at the code and found the same problem there, and cloned the bug
accordingly (but I might be wrong).