Re: SVN texlive (new) commit: r2229 - in texlive-new/trunk: all/debian texlive-base/debian

> On Mon, 08 Jan 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Author: frank
>> Date: 2007-01-08 16:44:53 +0100 (Mon, 08 Jan 2007)
>> New Revision: 2229
>>
>> Added:
>>    texlive-new/trunk/texlive-base/debian/tetex-bin.NEWS.Debian
>>    texlive-new/trunk/texlive-base/debian/tetex-extra.NEWS.Debian
>> Modified:
>>    texlive-new/trunk/all/debian/tpm2deb.cfg
>> Log:
>> try to create transitional tetex packages
>
> Didn't we say that we do this from the tetex packages?

Hm, I once said that doing it from the tetex packages would save us NEW
processing.  But NEW processing is pretty fast these days.

Actually the reason why I did it in texlive was that I want to get
familiar to its structure, and play with it.  But thinking it over,
there are also reasons for doing it from the texlive packages:  We can
at some point really drop the tetex packages, forget about them and do
everything in the texlive packages.  Furthermore, any changes we make
(like adding/removing dependencies in the transitional packages) will be
documented in the changelog of a package that continues to exist.

But I don't care much, we can as well back it out.