Re: Upgrade test from sarge to etch

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> | any TeX input files as conffiles or configuration files. Instead, they
> | should create an empty directory below /etc/texmf/tex and advice users
>          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                  ^^^
>                                                     ???
>                     (anyway, it's not in the latest version of the Policy)
>
> | which files are likely places for configuration. It is up to the local
> | admin or individual user to place changed copies in TEXMFSYSCONFIG or
> | TEXMFCONFIG, respectively.
> `----
>
> But if you say it should be removed, I trust you.

According to the new policy, if site-wide customization does make sense,
then the file needs to be below /etc/texmf, anyway - no empty dirs
needed.  If it's just an empty directory that used to contain files in
sarge, and those files are now regarded as "configuration files maybe,
but only in the sense of configuring a document or project, or one
single user's preferences", then I'd rather have the empty directory
removed upon upgrade, and not only upon removal/purge.

Regards,