Re: Upgrade test from sarge to etch

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

>   dpkg: warning - unable to delete old file `/etc/texmf/pdftex': Directory not empty
>
> This one is still there, but I suppose it's wanted. Right?

I don't think so.  We had:

debian/variables:
#unused confdirs are not in fact necessarily unused; they just need
#to be removed upon purge, after deleting files in them.
$OLDSTUFFDIR="/etc/texmf/oldstuff_unused";
$UNUSED_CONFDIRS_BASE="etex pdftex $OLDSTUFFDIR dvipdfm dvips generic context latex cslatex\
cyrplain platex plain map map/pdftex map/pdftex/cmttf map/dvipdfm map/dvipdfm/tetex map/dvips \
map/dvips/context map/dvips/vntex map/dvips/urwvn map/dvips/tetex map/dvips/qfonts map/dvips/psnfssx \
map/dvips/ps map/dvips/misc map/dvips/lucida map/dvips/cc-pl map/dvips/antt map/dvips/antp";

debian/preinst.in:

UNUSED_CONFDIRS="<:=$UNUSED_CONFDIRS_BASE:>"

for dir in $UNUSED_CONFDIRS $oldstuff_dir; do
  test -d $dir && rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty $dir || true
done

The command in the for loop should have been

  test -d /etc/texmf/$dir && rmdir --ignore-fail-on-non-empty /etc/texmf/$dir || true

as we also do in postrm.  I've fixed that, but only in the repository,
after the upload.

> Conclusion:
>
>   Things seem to be going mostly fine.

Thanks for testing!