Re: About the branches in our SVN repository

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (esp. for Frank)
>
> Looking at tetex-base, there are among others these two branches:
>   - not-for-sarge
>   - not-for-etch
>
> AIUI, the first one was a mistake, why wasn't it removed? Shall I do it?

If you manage to...  I thought that I called

svn move SVNURL/branches/not-for-sarge SVNURL/branches/not-for-etch

already.

> As for the second one, well, I'd like to do things differently for
> tetex-bin. IMHO, it makes more sense to continue normal development in
> the trunk and have an 'etch' branch forked from revision 2018 that will
> receive the fixes we really want in etch and nothing else. This branch
> will become mostly static when etch is released, but can be very helpful
> for security updates or other stable updates (hopefully, none).

You are right.  I initially thought that it's easier to have etch on the
main branch, but didn't take into account that we might need to make
updates to stable.