Re: [NTG-context] new debian context, upload to Debian

Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Everything in (the current versions of) cont-ext, cont-fmt and cont-img
> is either GPLv2 or Public Domain.

Well, the interesting question is "what is what?"  It's quite important
to not handle a GPL'ed file as if it was Public Domain.

>> Is there any chance to get a statement of them beign DFSG compatible?
>> Otherwise I have to exclude some of it and put it into something like
>> context-nonfree.
>>
>> BTW, as you are also one of the luatex people, same problem exists for
>> luatex which I am also packaging.
>
> Please, please don't do that. The snapshots are bug-ridden and totally
> experimental. In this stage, we much prefer having only testers that
> know how to deal with unstable software.

I have no opinion about this particular case, but if we only upload it
to Debian experimental, we can expect its users to be able to deal with
unstable and totally broken software.