Re: New Debian context package based on context release 061207

Hi Danai!

On Son, 10 Dez 2006, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> > So here is -0.2, which does the following:
> > - install doc files
> > - do NOT install any map activation files in /etc/texmf/updmap.d
>
> So if I understand correctly, ConTeXt (which I haven't used yet)
> doesn't use the .map files anymore with pdfTeX?  This might be
> interesting for the CJK packages.  Or is the change only relevant for
> ConTeXt-specific fonts?

No, but the map files are installed into
	..../texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/context/...
so that context/pdftex finds them. But there is no need for activation
via updmap as *only* pdftex is used. Or at least this is how I
understand it.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
`She hit me on the head with the rock again.'
`I think I can confirm that that was my daughter.'
`Sweet kid.'
`You have to get to know her,' said Arthur.
`She eases up does she?'
but you get a better sense of when to
duck.'
                 --- Ford and Arthur on Random.