Re: tex-common: Please provide dh_installtex functions for packages that need only mktexlsr

>> I think it's a good idea, along with Norbert's proposal of adding a note
>> in the dh_installtex manpage about handling files migrating from one
>> TEXMF tree to another.
>
> TEXMFSYSVAR yes, TEXMFSYSCONFIG no.

Right, I hadn't read the other part of the thread when writing this (and
I got your reply before receiving my own mail so I had no chance to
correct it...).

> No, sorry I am too lazy for this. If we state in the manpage that we
> create /usr/share/texmf and /var/lib/texmf and we state that IF you
> add/remove files from other trees, please specify them on the cmd line
> via --texmftrees, and a maintainer adds /usr/share/texmf, then it is his
> fault. Umpf.

Mmmm, well... I (and maybe Frank also) had in mind the scanning of TEXMF
trees in the package build directories that could automatically provide
arguments to mktexlsr that could be duplicates of thoses explicitely
specified by the maintainer. But I agree that it's not very hard to
avoid such duplicates if the maintainer is careful enough (and the
behavior well documented in dh_installtex(1))...

--
Florent