Re: tex-common upload

>> The changes to debianize-updmap are tested well, I think, but I would
>
> Are the changes in tex-common to debianize-updmap FORCING texlive to
> include it at a later time, or does it just reduce functionality?
>
> If FORCING, I have to prepare new packges NOW.

No, just if updmap load this too early, --edit and --syncwithtrees will
not be changed.

>> My changes to the README are committed; the point where I think further
>
> Where??? NOt in tex-common? And in tetex-bin I haven't seen much
> differences.

There were only minor changes, and it's still in tetex-bin:  Replacement
of "teTeX" by "basic TeX packages" or something equivalent, and general
updates/corrections.

> Ok: Can I go ahead and start changing things in
> tetex-bin...README.Debian.sgml or should we move it first to tex-common?

As I said to Florent, I think we can sneak that in later.

Meanwhile, while looking at some photos on my computer together with
Anke, I managed to "sneak in" some pbuilder commands.  The result is
that I have tested installation of tex-common together with current sid
teTeX, both upgrading from current sid and from sarge.  I didn't test
any functionality, only install-upgrade-remove-install-purge-install,
but we didn't make any changes except to *updmap*, and this I basically
tested during development.

So I think it would be safe to upload, but I should really leave the
computer now and prepare for our friends who will arrive soon...