Re: tex-common upload

Hi all!

On Fre, 13 Okt 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> I'm now starting my weekend, and unfortunately it seems I won't have
> time to prepare an upload of tex-common until monday (I'm going to build
> chinese-arphic fonts, though).

Good luck ;-) And have a nice week end. I wanted to go to Sardinia
yesterday night, but the forecast gave (and it is) bad weather. Damned.
SO I was climbing today in Umbria.

> It would be really great if someone could do that.  Note that tetex-*
> and texlive won't go into testing without it.

Umpf.

> The changes to debianize-updmap are tested well, I think, but I would

Are the changes in tex-common to debianize-updmap FORCING texlive to
include it at a later time, or does it just reduce functionality?

If FORCING, I have to prepare new packges NOW.

> I'm also unsure about update-updmap:  Haven't we added the check for
> shadowing configuration files?  I think this deserves a changelog
> entry.

Yes we have. Didn't I add a changelog entry? No I didn't sorry. Should
be added.

> My changes to the README are committed; the point where I think further

Where??? NOt in tex-common? And in tetex-bin I haven't seen much
differences.

> changes for texlive are needed are in my older mail.  Differently to
> what I said then, I wouldn't add each texlive package to the list.  At
> least I would use one entry for all doc-$lang and $lang packages.

Obvious.

Ok: Can I go ahead and start changing things in
tetex-bin...README.Debian.sgml or should we move it first to tex-common?

On Fre, 13 Okt 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> I'm not going to update the README *and* test+upload tex-common this
> week-end. But if someone (with initials NP? ;-) takes care of the
> README, I can probably take care of the test+upload.

;-) I don't really know whom you meant, but I decided that I have some
spare time due to bad weather and will updated the README!

On Fre, 13 Okt 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
> I think the README is something that we can persuade the RMs to let in
> even after the freeze.

I will try to do something till Saturday evening

Florent: Can you move the installation stuff of README.Debian.sgml
(conversion etc) to tex-common prior to testing. IN the meantime I will
update the README and submit to tex-common till tomorrow evening. So you
can already test everything without the actual changes, but with (an
old) README file, which will get updated. Am I very unclear (amount of
wine induced ...)

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
SNITTERFIELD (n.)
Office noticeboard on which snitters (q.v.), cards saying 'You don't
have to be mad to work here, but if you are it helps !!!' and slightly
smutty postcards from Ibiza get pinned up by snitterbies (q.v.)