Re: RFP: xetex - An extension of TeX with Unicode and OpenType support

Hi all!

On Fre, 25 Aug 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> Only quick look, original postinst contained, among others,
> "texlinks --silent" so I guessed removing it could be wrong.

Ahhh.

Well I am against calling texlinks in the postinst and creating files
which are *NOT* removed at remove/purge time.

So: if we provide the functionality in dh_installtex, it should create the
links by itself (without texlinks) in debian/$(package)/usr/bin
and should NOT put code like texlinks into the postinst script.

Or better, devs create the symlinks by themselves in the rules file.

What do you think, which of the two options is better?

SHIFNAL (n.,vb.)
An awkward shuffling walk caused by two or more people in a hurry
accidentally getting into the same segment of revolving door. A
similar effect is achieved by people entering three-legged races
unwisely joined at the neck instead of the ankles.