Re: RFP: xetex - An extension of TeX with Unicode and OpenType support

Dear Kohda-san!

On Fre, 25 Aug 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> but it has been very hot even this week...

Rain here, heavy rain ...

> > Next version will include it. I think about making a intermediate
> > release of texlive packages with 2006~svnYYMMDD so that we can get
> > xetex. We will see.
>
> Good, so there is no need to worry about dynamic linking
> with libkpathsea etc. any more.

We'll see, first priority: texlive into testing and then survive the bug
avalanche ;-)

> > One point I found in your package: You don't create a link
> > 	xelatex -> xetex
> > in /usr/bin. Has to be done by hand.
>
> Ah, perhaps I modified postinst in a wrong way.  Thanks.

Hmm why the postinst? The link should be created in the rules files I
suppose. It should be shipped with the data.tar.gz. dh_installtex does
*NOT* create the necessary symlinks. (Should it do it?)

> > Thanks, after some changes to the font names I was able to compile
> > several of the docs on my texlive system.
>
> It is difficult to find out a standard font for a foreign

I guess I had some fonts not installed. After installing all of them I
could compile all but the Arabic.tex file, although I have installed the
font you mention in the source code. Anyway, great work!

TOTTERIDGE (n.)
The ridiculous two-inch hunch that people adopt when arriving late for
the theatre in the vain and futile hope that it will minimise either
the embarrassment of the lack of visibility for the rest of the
audience. c.f. hickling.