Re: New CJK uploaded to Alioth

Hi Norbert!

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>

> Hi Danai!
>
> On Die, 08 Aug 2006, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> > I have uploaded a new version of the LaTeX CJK macro to Alioth.  This
> > version is ready to roll and should withstand a nuclear blast.  ;D
>
> Building in my cowbuilder succeeded. After a LONG time. Uff.

Yay!

It takes my computer also about four to five hours to compile the
lot (AMD64 3200+ Venice on an MSI K8 Neo2 Platinum).

The reason for the long duration is that FontForge now looks very hard
to convert from TTF to Type1 fonts.  One uses cubic, the other uses
bezier splines.

I don't think we'll need to recompile these font packages many times
anymore. ;D

> > The precompiled packages are built for AMD64 processors, so sorry
> > folks, you'll probably have to build a few of these packages
> > yourself.
>
> Packages for i386 are available at
> 	deb http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ latex-cjk/
>
> These files are there
> latex-cjk-chinese_4.6.0+cvs20060714-1_i386.deb
> latex-cjk-common_4.6.0+cvs20060714-1_i386.deb
> latex-cjk-japanese_4.6.0+cvs20060714-1_i386.deb
>
> Upgrade on a texlive system did work without any problems.

Thanks, so now a lot more people can try out the packages.

> > New font packages will be uploaded later today.
>
> How fast is your computer, mine took 5 hours to build the font package.
> Useless, as you have already rebuild the fonts for arch=all.

Sorry chap.  I only realized that they were built for "amd64" (any)
and not for "all" when I was uploading them.  Doh...
The new font packages have been uploaded to Alioth.

Thanks for testing the packages on TeXlive.  It's nice to see
cross-compatibility.  Not that it's that hard anyway: the
dh_installtex tool does most of the hard work.

Best regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--