Re: new lmodern package

> And, it is true, but it is in the TOD file:
>
> - write something about the lm-rep-*.map files

I am with Ralf here. IMHO, TeX stuff is so complex, especially when
fonts are involved, that I think obscure stuff (such as these
replacements) should not render packages more complex when they can be
left out in a corner for the experts to find and tweak.

Here, I agree with you there is no real problem since the lines are
commented out by default. But still, it would look cleaner in updmap.d
if the replacement files were not there.

Why wouldn't we ship the replacement .cfg files with the MixedMap lines
uncommented and an ad-hoc README in a subdirectory of
/usr/share/doc/lmodern? That would be there for wizards to find, and
would not clutter the rest of the package (I agree it doesn't clutter
*that* much).

--
Florent