Re: Using tetex and texlive simultaneously?

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 22:37 +0300, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:

> I already have teTeX installed in my Debian. Now I wonder this: Can I
> install also packages of TeX Live safely?

As Nrbert allready said, if there are no Conflicts specidfied, then it
should work in principle.

> If I do so, does my tetex use
> them, when I compile my (La)TeX-docs? Which texlive-packages are usefull
> for tetex-users?

This depends on what you are doing. The latex-recommended and
fonts-recommended that you test later on are probably not that
interesting, since those are covered by tetex-base and tetex-extra.
However, eg, latex-extra and fonts-extra contain many things that are
not available in teTeX.

cheerio
ralf