Using tetex and texlive simultaneously?

I already have teTeX installed in my Debian. Now I wonder this: Can I
install also packages of TeX Live safely? If I do so, does my tetex use
them, when I compile my (La)TeX-docs? Which texlive-packages are usefull
for tetex-users?

teTeX has quite comprehensive set of LaTeX-packages. But maybe it would
be good idea to add some stuff from TeX Live so I do not need to install
so much (La)TeX-stuff by hand:

# du -sh /usr/local/share/texmf
31M       /usr/local/share/texmf

IIRC authors of TeX Live claim that TeX Live is compatible with teTeX.

Here is some experiment:

# apt-get -f -u -t unstable install texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-recommended texlive-fonts-recommended
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  texlive-common texlive-pictures
Recommended packages:
  texpower
The following packages will be REMOVED
  latex-beamer latex-ucs latex-ucs-contrib latex-xcolor pgf
The following NEW packages will be installed
  texlive-common texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-latex-extra texlive-latex-recommended texlive-pictures
0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 5 to remove and 227 not upgraded.
Need to get 108MB of archives.
After unpacking 168MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

As you can see, it do not try to remove any tetex-packages. But there
are some texlive-packages that explicitly conflict with tetex, for
example texlive-base and texlive-base-bin . Some texlive-packages have
this kind of Depends: -field:

 Depends: texlive-base | tetex-base, texlive-common

P.S: I do not subscribe to this list, so please Cc: to me. But I try
remember to check out mailing list archives from WWW.

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * http colon slash slash iki dot fi slash juhtolv
"Anulle kukaan ei sanonu suoraan ettei ole olemassa vanhaa pirihuoraa." Steen1