Re: Bug in FreeType? (normal digits rendered as old style figures with lmodern 0.99.3)

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 20:19 +0200, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Well, I am quite ignorant about that, but I rebuilt the freetype package
> from unstable and it does work. If you want to try, you can take it
> from:
>
>   deb http://people.debian.org/~frn/experiments sarge main
>   deb-src http://people.debian.org/~frn/experiments sarge main
>
> It fixes the problem with ftstring, oowriter, gedit and "xterm -fa", and
> more generally (I think), everything that is linked to
> /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.

Thanks! I am really surprised, and I will give this a try soon. I was
under the impression that freetype made API changes even when on patch
level changes, introducing all sorts of ugly library transition issues.
And now there is a change in the minor version number, but everything
still works. Odd ...

> Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem with xfontsel.
[...]

I think I could live with that. Thanks again.

cheerio
ralf