Re: [ubuntu-science] Ubuntu patches for DDs

Jordan Mantha <mantha@chem.unr.edu> wrote:

> What I would like is to
> be able to contact you guys (since you know the packages way more than
> me) if I'm unsure of anything. Any objections to that? The only problem
> is that some of the Ubuntu TeX packages are in the Main repository
> (tetex-base, tetex-bin, and a few others). I can't directly upload those
> since I'm only a Universe maintainer. I can however attach patches or
> bug Main devs :-) . Anyway, just some thoughts.

No problem.  I wouldn't want many Ubuntu users drop their bugreports
here; but as a maintainer or contributor you are wellcome to ask and
discuss here.  Just as welcome as upstream people are.

Also, if you discover a problem in the base packages that you can't
upload, feel free to contact us.  I think I've built up quite a good
relationship to Martin Pitt (at least as far as this is possible after
exchanging a couple of purely technical e-mails), and maybe adding my
(or our) word to yours helps TeX in Ubuntu.

Debian Developer (teTeX)