No future versions of teTeX? (was: Re: SVN tetex-base commit: r1067 - tetex-base/trunk/debian)

Hi, All.

On 04/22/06 05:18, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> On 22.03.06 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:
> > Therefore, yes, I'm not sure, but I fear that there will be no
> > teTeX 3.1 or 4.0.
>
> I remember you wrote something like that. However I must have missed
> that/could not really believe it.

Does this mean that there is a possibility of teTeX 3.0 being the last one to be
released?

If this is indeed the case, then, I think that it would be nice to give this
warning to the users with a pointer to use texlive. :-( And it would be nice if
texlive were a bit smaller...

The whole teTeX 3.0 that I have now installed (sans documentation) is way
smaller than the packages that provided similar functionality from Norbert's
texlive upload to experimental (and I tried to pull in the smallest amount of
packages that I could).

I see that, by this trend, having small, customized solutions made for friends
that just need some LaTeX+Emacs+GCC+some browsing is getting harder. :-(

Thanks anyway for the warning, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/