Re: SVN tetex-base commit: r1067 - tetex-base/trunk/debian

On 22.03.06 Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote:

Hi,

[future of teTeX]

> I also know from him privately and from people who know him in
> person that maintaining teTex has caused him lots of work on
> weekends before the 3.0 release, work which he just can't do again
> currently.  On the other hand, he's still an active contributor to
> TeXlive which took all the fine infrastructure scripts he
> originally developed for teTeX.
>
> Therefore, yes, I'm not sure, but I fear that there will be no
> teTeX 3.1 or 4.0.

I remember you wrote something like that. However I must have missed
that/could not really believe it.

Thanks for answering!

Hilmar
--
Be careful what you set your heart on -- for it will surely be yours.
		-- James Baldwin, "Nobody Knows My Name"