Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package tex-common

Hello,
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:10:32AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> We're sorry about this.  After sending out the original request, one
> translator reacted very fast and pointed us to a bad wording which we
> all missed.  I didn't see a better way to fix this than to send out the
> corrected template as soon as possible.

Ok, as I once was in the same position (pointing out a problem while
translating) I understand. Maybe you could add a "supersedes" switch,
i.e. if that happens, you add a paragraph stating that the new version
supersedes the older one, but this is not really urgent.

> > Furthermore I noticed the following ambiguous string:
> > "Note that on a Debian system, nobody is member of the \"users\" group by "
> > "default, they have to be added manually!"
> >
> > I understood (and translated) that no user account is assigned to the
> > "users" group by default, however, it could also mean, that the user
> > acount "nobody" is assigned to this group (but I decided for the first
> > interpretation from the context). Maybe you should clarify this
> > sentence in the next update.
>
> Err, that's exactly what we did in the second request for translation.
> Or do you think that in
>
> "Note that on a Debian system, nobody is member of the \"users\" group by "
> "default, so local users have to be added manually!"
>
> "nobody" is still ambiguous?

I think it is clearer this way, yes.

> We could change it to "no one", but I'd rather only do that when we've
> got to change something else, anyway.

I would opt for this change in the next translation round. You can
update the german translation yourself by removing the fuzzy entry
then, as the translation is not changed (the german word for nobody is
not in trouble being mistake with a user of the same name).

Greetings

            Helge
--
Dr. Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.           Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de