Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package tex-common

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 11:08:26AM +0200, teTeX maintainers wrote:
>> you are noted as the last translator of the debconf translation for
>> tex-common. The English template has been changed, and now some messages
>> are marked "fuzzy" in your translation or are missing.
>> I would be grateful if you could take the time and update it.
>> Please send the updated file to me, or submit it as a wishlist bug
>> against tex-common.
>
> Attached you'll find the german version. Please note, that in a few
> minutes the second translation request follows (is there a reason for
> those two short following translation requests? - It would be kind to
> translators to consolidate first and then request an update!).

We're sorry about this.  After sending out the original request, one
translator reacted very fast and pointed us to a bad wording which we
all missed.  I didn't see a better way to fix this than to send out the
corrected template as soon as possible.

> Furthermore I noticed the following ambiguous string:
> "Note that on a Debian system, nobody is member of the \"users\" group by "
> "default, they have to be added manually!"
>
> I understood (and translated) that no user account is assigned to the
> "users" group by default, however, it could also mean, that the user
> acount "nobody" is assigned to this group (but I decided for the first
> interpretation from the context). Maybe you should clarify this
> sentence in the next update.

Err, that's exactly what we did in the second request for translation.
Or do you think that in

"Note that on a Debian system, nobody is member of the \"users\" group by "
"default, so local users have to be added manually!"

"nobody" is still ambiguous?

We could change it to "no one", but I'd rather only do that when we've
got to change something else, anyway.

Is it possible to put a comment in a templates file?

Debian Developer (teTeX)