Re: tetex-doc-nonfree

Hi Norbert, hi all,

Most of the work on tetex-doc-nonfree was done before the GR on GFDL. At
that time, it seemed pretty clear that any GFDL licensed document would
have to go to non-free. Most of the discussion is in #345604. After the
unexpected outcome of the GR, I am not sure if we should jump to
conclusions already and move the files back.

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:22 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > . Why is fontinstallationguide in tetex-doc-nonfree? In TeX live there
> >   is a source code which is GFDL/Debian [1]. Maybe it is not the
> >   exact source code? Then it would be better to compile this source code
> >   and include the output, or?

Here we have the additional problem that the PDF uses non-free fonts.

> To add one: pdftex-a.pdf is GFDL/Debian, so we shold get the source of
> it and should be able to distribute it, too.

teTeX does contain the sources:

$ dlocate pdftex-t.tex
tetex-doc: /usr/share/doc/texmf/pdftex/manual/pdftex-t.tex.gz

cheerio
ralf