Re: NMU of dvipdfmx

Hi Norbert, Hi all,

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Subject: Re: NMU of dvipdfmx
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:46:22 +0100

> > As long as you don't break anything, I don't have anything against it.

It seemed it breaks something a bit ;-)

> - removed the texmf.d config file
>   since tex-common is already in testing, this file should thus be
>   useless

tex-common sets
CMAPFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/cmap//
but dvipdfmx needs to set
CMAPINPUTS = .;/usr/share/fonts/cmap//
so the configfile is yet necessary IMHO.

BTW, there is messing up in dvipdfmx.  Wnen Yu maintained
it there was 50dvipdfmx.cnf but now 80DVIPDFMx.cnf instead.
(contents of 80DVIPDFMx.cnf seemed better, though)
I don't know which NMU installed 80DVIPDFMx.cnf but it is
very bad states now.

I believe it need some active maintainer of dvipdfmx.

Regards,			2006-2-28(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima