Re: latex-cjk comments + RFS

Dear Norbert!

> Again some comments: latex-cjk-chinese is currently uninstallable: It
> depends on latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-baki00mp, and conflichts with
> tfm-arphic-bkai00mp, but latex-cjk-chinese-arphic-baki00mp provides
> tfm-arphic-bkai00mp. So this will never work.

Yes, I only noticed when I updated the package lists.
I've recompiling last night, and am uploading the packages (they
should be ready in a quarter of an hour).

> Furthermore, I don't believe that you can PROVIDE a REAL package. This
> does only work with virtual packages. I had the same problem and wanted
> to provide tetex-base within the texlive packages. It does not work.
> [Please correct me anyone if I am wrong]

I have done a versioned conflict.  But because the official packages
have a higher version number than mine, I have used

  Conflicts: tfm-arphic-@TYPEFACE@ (=2.11.2-0.1)

I don't expect any updates of the original Debian packages.

Anthony Fok suggested me to use a Provide: field, to make the future
transition smoother.  I think it works, but you're right, the system
of Provides, Replaces and Conflicts is not too transparent, at least
in my case.

> So best is to conflict with this package and file a bug against those
> packages depending on the tfm-... package as soon as your packages are
> in Debian.

So I just leave out the Provide: field?  I would like to do that too,
but I'll ask Anthony Fok, the original Debian packages.  However, I'm
afraid he has little time to sponsor this package. :/

So if anyone from the Debian TeX list wants to sponsor my package, I
would be very grateful.

Thanks for checking out the packages, Norbert.

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐

--
题目:《闲居初夏午睡起》