Re: NMU of dvipdfmx

Dear Junichi! Dear Yu!

On Mit, 22 Feb 2006, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > I have seen that you have done the last NMU of dvipdfmx, and I wanted to
> > ask if we (you or me) can do another NMU with the suggested changes in
> > my bug report
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=353584, that is:
> > ----
> > - Change the dependency on tetex-bin and tetex-base in both cases
> >   to | texlive-base-bin
> > (and by the way maybe you want to eliminate the texmf.d file as there is
> > already an entry for CMAP in tex-common and thus in texmf.cnf, and
> > remove the update-texmf calls in  postinst/rm)
> > ----
> >
> > This way I could switch the TeX live packages to use the dvipdfmx as it
> > is in Debian without shipping a version myself.
>

> As long as you don't break anything, I don't have anything against it.

I have prepared a version -0.3 which is available from
	deb(-src) http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ check/

I attach the diff between the two packages.

What I did:
- changed the control file to include texlive
- removed the texmf.d config file
  since tex-common is already in testing, this file should thus be
  useless
- fixed the lintian error of wrong FSF error

If someone could take a look, and if you Yu can comment on this as the
maintainer, that what be great.

In any case I would like to do this NMU (ok via a sponsor since I am not
DD) soon, since it blocks the upload of the next version of texlive to
unstable.

OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million
for good thinking, yeah?