Re: NMU of dvipdfmx

Hi,

> > > As long as you don't break anything, I don't have anything against it.
>
> It seemed it breaks something a bit ;-)
>
> > - removed the texmf.d config file
> >   since tex-common is already in testing, this file should thus be
> >   useless
>
> tex-common sets
> CMAPFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/cmap//
> but dvipdfmx needs to set
> CMAPINPUTS = .;/usr/share/fonts/cmap//
> so the configfile is yet necessary IMHO.
>
> BTW, there is messing up in dvipdfmx.  Wnen Yu maintained
> it there was 50dvipdfmx.cnf but now 80DVIPDFMx.cnf instead.
> (contents of 80DVIPDFMx.cnf seemed better, though)
> I don't know which NMU installed 80DVIPDFMx.cnf but it is
> very bad states now.

1:20050831-0.1 (lee's upload) changed it.  The contents of
80DVIPDFMx.conf seems to be superior to 50dvipdfmx.conf, so I've left
it intact.

> I believe it need some active maintainer of dvipdfmx.

I agree, how about adding it to the tetex-maint co-maintenance?  I'm
willing to chime in.

Yu, if you have any objections after 1 year+ of silence, please shout
now.

regards,
	junichi
--