Re: Include additional checks in update-language

Hi all!

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> regexps tend to be more readable. But if you're sure of your
> non-extended regexp, that's fine with me...

With -E the \W* didn't work, I had to use [ \t]* or [[:space:]]*, both
of which is strange.

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> As I see it, similar checks are already run automatically when updmap or
> fmtutil are called. AFAICT the only thing that is missing there is a
> check if language.dat is consistent. Wouldn't it make more sense to
> extend the checks in fmtutil and propagate this upstream?

This is true. Here Ralf has completely right.

I don't mind killing the file again from svn. And the code for the
language stuff is not too complicated.

OTOH getting this into upstream (probably into fmtutil?)  will take some
time, so we could also leave the code there, as it is neither long nor
complicated, and who wants to can use it for checking.

For me it is all the same ...

TINGRITH (n.)
The feeling of silver paper against your fillings.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff