Re: Include additional checks in update-language

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 14:57 +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
>
> > Well, I'm not sure there is a real need to add all this code, but if
> > there is user demand...
>
> That's the reason why Iasked here wether we should implement this. As it
> turned out, it was not that difficult. I am not necessarily FOR the
> inclusion, definitely against automatic execution, but it may help some
> people (as it did already).

As I see it, similar checks are already run automatically when updmap or
fmtutil are called. AFAICT the only thing that is missing there is a
check if language.dat is consistent. Wouldn't it make more sense to
extend the checks in fmtutil and propagate this upstream?

cheerio
ralf