Re: Include additional checks in update-language

>>           else
>>               echo "Invalid progname: '$progname'" >&2
>>               exit 1
>
> Unnecessary as update-fontlang already bails out at the beginning if
> this happens.

Fine.

> grep -E (man, by the way, what did I send, it should be
> 	grep -i '^\W*\(Mixed\)\?*Map'
> but can you give me the -E syntax and I will happily use it.

I am not allergic to the non-extended syntax. It's just that by default,
when I lookup the syntax of patterns in grep, I use the extended one
because it is the more powerful one and the one that in most cases needs
the least number of backslashes to quote special characters, so the
regexps tend to be more readable. But if you're sure of your
non-extended regexp, that's fine with me...

> That's the reason why Iasked here wether we should implement this. As it
> turned out, it was not that difficult. I am not necessarily FOR the
> inclusion, definitely against automatic execution, but it may help some
> people (as it did already).

Well... It won't make the script more complex; just a little bigger. So
I don't see a major problem with it. But I have doubts about the
usefullness of these checks. Maybe others will give their opinion...

--
Florent