Re: let's register tetex docs with doc-base!

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:58:57AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> The other alternative would be to only register teTeX's base documents,
> or should we say "documentation entry points", namely

Yes, this an option, but as implications. For example doc-base search
engines wont index the remaining part of the documentation.

> But *if* we go for registering most of the documents, this probably
> means looking at them an checking whether they are suitable as user
> documentation.  In that case, the people doing this should take the
> opportunity and also check the license and source availability of the
> document - there are many with unclear status, see #345604

I'm doing it, but I'm not willing to check licenses as well. I don't
have the needed expertise. Still, if you're interested we can
collaborate on the issues. Don't know the better way, but I'm still
thinking that a wiki page summarizing the documentation and for each
piece report both the license check and the doc-base registration
status.

Let me know if you're interested in something like that.