Re: (te)TeX recent changes

Hi Bruno!

One more data point, I believe I found the problem of yours:

On Fre, 20 Jan 2006, Norbert Preining wrote:
> OTOH, I also tried you other file, baddpf, and there it worked somehow:
> The pdf files you send me really produce a "Drawing error" in acroread
> (7.0.5 on linux), and the mentioned error in xpdf.
>
> BUT: If I compile the file with latex/dvips/ps2pdf at least xpdf does
> NOT give any error messages anymore, while acroread still has the
> Drawing error on the first page (not on subsequent). So this is really
> strange.

The problem seems to be burried in the logo iutaustl.ps: If I do
pdflatex of sujet.tex it cannot use the iutaustl.ps file and does NOT
include it. And voila, working in xpdf and acroread.

But when I do ps2pdf iutaustl.ps pdflatex includes th iutaustl.pdf file
and then the same problem "Drawing error occurred" happens.

Whatever I do with this eps logo, acroread always breaks down.
When I do ps2pdf of the logo and look at the resulting pdf file in
acroread, it shows the logo, but scrolling eliminates the content and
the page is not redrawn.

There seems to be going on something really fishy in the PostScript code
of the logo, but I am not an expert in this.

in the space-time continuum.'
is he? Is he?'
                 --- Arthur failing in his first lesson of galactic physics
                 --- in four years.