Re: (te)TeX recent changes

Hi all!

On Fre, 20 Jan 2006, Bruno Beaufils wrote:
> Here it is (a note for Norbert : you may forget my previous mail this one is
> largely shorter and more helpful :-).

Hmm. I cannot reporduce any error with this minimal file. I tried:

latex minimal
dvips minimal.dvi -o minimal.ps
ps2pdf minimal.ps
xpdf minimal.pdf
acroread minimal.pdf

and no errors did occur.

OTOH, I also tried you other file, baddpf, and there it worked somehow:
The pdf files you send me really produce a "Drawing error" in acroread
(7.0.5 on linux), and the mentioned error in xpdf.

BUT: If I compile the file with latex/dvips/ps2pdf at least xpdf does
NOT give any error messages anymore, while acroread still has the
Drawing error on the first page (not on subsequent). So this is really
strange.

Could it be related to a bug in the document:
LaTeX Warning: Characters dropped after `\end{verbatim}' on input line 78.

[1] [2]

LaTeX Warning: Characters dropped after `\end{verbatim}' on input line 289.

[3]

LaTeX Warning: Characters dropped after `\end{verbatim}' on input line 339.

[4] (./sujet.aux) ) )
Output written on sujet.dvi (4 pages, 13352 bytes).

EPSOM (n.)
An entry in a diary (such as a date or a set of initials) or a name
and address in your address book, which you haven't the faintest idea
what it's doing there.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff