Re: latex-cjk, texlive, and TeX Policy

Hi Norbert!

> Perfect. Can you tell me the version number which will include this
> changes, so that my texlive packages can recommend these packages (and
> after inclusion of your packages into Debian depend).

It will be latex-cjk (4.6.0+cvs20051031-4).

> > > . Again replacement of texlive-lang-cjk:
> > >   You for sure know better what is included in all these packages. In
> > >   the texlive-lang-cjk package I have
> >
> > So ATM the packages that are *not* included are: "cns", "yi4latex" and
> > "hyphen-pinyin".
>
> As long as I know that you will package "cns". I will move "yi4latex" to
> texlive-latex-extra.
>
> Furthermore, since you will  also include the hyphen-pinyin stuff, I can
> remove the texlive-lang-cjk package and depend on your stuff. Great.
> Thanks.

> So it is enough for me to depend on latex-cjk-all (>= ???)
> (??? number of next release you will tell me) to get all the stuff I
> need, if I move the yi4latex away. Is this right?

latex-cjk-all will indeed install all necessary packages to suit most
users.  latex-cjk-chinese and -japanese suggests some hbf-* packages
(soon a few more hbf-* packages will be suggested to -chinese,
-japanese and -korean).

> Whan do you plan to upload the stuff to Debian?

I have contacted and chatted with Anthony Fok, the original
maintainer.  He's willing to sponsor my packages, but he needs some
time to inspect it.  I suppose that it would be uploaded at the end of
January.  Right before Chinese New Year would be swell!

> Side note for the hyphen installation:
> Please note here that you use update-language and the mechanism similar
> to updmap.d, see the TeX Policy: I have in
> /etc/texmf/language.d/10texlive-lang-cjk.cnf:
> % 10texlive-lang-cjk.cnf
> %
> % You really can change stuff in this file, but it is NOT RECOMMENDED
> % to play around with this file if you do not know what you are doing!
> % Please leave this comment!
> % -_- DebPkgProvidedMaps -_-
> %
> pinyin pyhyph.tex
> % eof
> plus the list file in
> /var/lib/tex-common/language-cnf/texlive-lang-cjk.list containing only
> the line
> 	10texlive-lang-cjk
> There is no dh_installtexlanguage, but maybe I provide one later on, you
> have to do the stuff by yourself.

Thanks for the tip!
I'll incorporate it in latex-cjk-thai.

Danai SAE-HAN