Re: latex-cjk, texlive, and TeX Policy

Dear Danai!

Thanks for your prompt reply and support, I really appreciate this!

On Mit, 28 Dez 2005, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> > 	for tetex-bin:	tetex-bin | texlive-base-bin
> > 	for tetex-base: tetex-base | texlive-latex-base
>
> I am deeply honoured.  I have made the changes, and an update will
> soon be uploaded to Alioth, after tex-common 0.14 is released.

Perfect. Can you tell me the version number which will include this
changes, so that my texlive packages can recommend these packages (and
after inclusion of your packages into Debian depend).

> > . map file location
>
> You're absolutely right.  I have made the changes in the Arphic
> packages.  Strange that I forgot to put them in /usr/share/texmf,
> because the Wadalab package complies with TDS v1.1.

Thanks.

> > . Again replacement of texlive-lang-cjk:
> >   You for sure know better what is included in all these packages. In
> >   the texlive-lang-cjk package I have
>
> So ATM the packages that are *not* included are: "cns", "yi4latex" and
> "hyphen-pinyin".

As long as I know that you will package "cns". I will move "yi4latex" to
texlive-latex-extra.

Furthermore, since you will  also include the hyphen-pinyin stuff, I can
remove the texlive-lang-cjk package and depend on your stuff. Great.
Thanks.

Whan do you plan to upload the stuff to Debian?

Side note for the hyphen installation:
Please note here that you use update-language and the mechanism similar
to updmap.d, see the TeX Policy: I have in
/etc/texmf/language.d/10texlive-lang-cjk.cnf:
% 10texlive-lang-cjk.cnf
%
% You really can change stuff in this file, but it is NOT RECOMMENDED
% to play around with this file if you do not know what you are doing!
% Please leave this comment!
% -_- DebPkgProvidedMaps -_-
%
pinyin pyhyph.tex
% eof
plus the list file in
/var/lib/tex-common/language-cnf/texlive-lang-cjk.list containing only
the line
	10texlive-lang-cjk
There is no dh_installtexlanguage, but maybe I provide one later on, you
have to do the stuff by yourself.

BURLESTON
That peculiarly tuneless humming and whistling adopted by people who
are extremely angry.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff