latex-cjk, texlive, and TeX Policy

Hi Danai!

I have taken a (very quick) look at your packages for latex-cjk, and I
have some comments:
. I want to kill my texlive-lang-cjk package and use your packages, but
  you Depend only on tetex. Could you please add
	for tetex-bin:	tetex-bin | texlive-base-bin
	for tetex-base: tetex-base | texlive-latex-base
  (I guess you need the basic stuff for latex, if you have other
  dependencies, tell me which files you need and I tell you what
  packages would be good to depend on).

. map file location
  you put map files into /etc/texmf/map and depend in the font packages
  (via some dependency chains latex-cjk) on tetex3.
  Please put the map files into
	/usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/...
  and not anymore into /etc/texmf. This way local sysadmins can
  configure the map files by putting copies of these files into
	/etc/texmf/fonts/map/...
  overriding the shipped ones.
  This is ok, since your packages will not work with tetex2, as they
  use dh_installtexfonts/the -sys variants.
  Bottom line: Do not create map files as config files.

. Again replacement of texlive-lang-cjk:
  You for sure know better what is included in all these packages. In
  the texlive-lang-cjk package I have
  	CJK -- The CJK package.
  	arphic -- Arphic (Chinese) font packages.
  	c90enc -- Encoding vector for Thai.
  	cns -- Macro package for TeX (the most popular).
  	garuda -- A Type 1 font family for Thai.
  	norasi -- A Type 1 font family for Thai.
  	uhc -- Uhc (Korean) font package.
  	wadalab -- Wadalab (Japanese) font packages.
  	yi4latex -- No caption.
  	bin-cjkutils -- Chinese/Japanese/Korean
  	hyphen-pinyin -- Pinyin hyphenation files
  Do you know/can you guess which of these stuff is *not* included in
  one of your packages?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation and all the best

HOYLAKE (n.)
The pool of edible gravy which surrounds an inedible and disgusting
lump of meat - eaten to give the impression that the person is 'just
not very hungry, but mmm this is delicious'. Cf. Peaslake - a similar
experience had by vegetarians.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff