Re: Coordinating upload of teTeX-3.0 to unstable

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 06:49:16PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> wrote:
> >
> > I can try to build all those for you if you want, and I'll report
> > those where I think that show problems.
>
> That would be great.  I think most of the problems will show up in
> failed builds, some might result in different filelists (pdf file
> generated instead of dvi file, but somehow the build does not fail), a
> small number might result in wrong fonts being used.

I started with everything build depending on tetex-*.  Here is an
overview of packages which might have problems.  Note that I have
no clue what some of those message mean.

Those really failed to build:
- bison-1.35
  dvips bison.dvi -o bison.ps
  This is dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
  dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
- ctie
  Unmet build dependencies: libkpathsea-dev (>= 2.0.2-1)
- doc-debian-es:
  dvips -o debian-faq-es.ps debian-faq-es.dvi
  This is dvips(k) 5.95a Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
  dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
- gnuplot:
  dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
  (And other warnings.)
- gprolog
  hevea -O -nosymb -s -exec xxdate.exe -fix custom.hva manual.tex -o manual.html
  /usr/bin/hevea: unknown option `-nosymb'.
- iproute:
  error post-processing latex2e.
- laptop-net:
  texi2pdf laptop-net.texi
  make[2]: texi2pdf: Command not found
- make:
  dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
- ptex-bin
  syntax error: Last token = 289 (!), error buffer = `_',
        last id = `O' (parameterless procedure).
  ./pconvert: conversion of  failed, moving dregs:
  ./pconvert:   mv jbibtex.c jbibtex.h jbibd.h ./failure
- python-crypto:
  pdfTeX error (ext1): \pdfinfo used while \pdfoutput is not set.
- scalable-cyrfonts
  No file fontinst.rc.
  ) (./fnstcorr.tex
  ! Undefined control sequence.
  l.37 \catcode`\_=\underscorecatcode

  ? make[1]: *** [build] Terminated
  make[2]: *** [latex_mtx] Terminated
- userv
  debiandoc2ps: ERROR: output could not be generated properly
- lcdf-typetools
  Unmet build dependencies: libkpathsea-dev (>= 2.0.2-4)
- libkpathsea-perl
  Unmet build dependencies: libkpathsea-dev (>= 2.0-1)

Those just gave warnings:
- am-utils
  ** Unknown command
  *** Unknown node in menu entry `FSinfo host netif:' (l. 5664)
- blitz++: Doesn't seem to make any documentation at all?
- cameleon
  Warning: Could not find program file: xxdate.exe
  manual.html:1130: Warning, cannot find anchor: pluginchat
- cfitsio
  ./quick.tex:2: Warning: Cannot open file: html.sty
  ./quick.tex:3: Warning: Command not found: \htmladdtonavigation
  [...]
- dvipdfmx: does not make it's documentation?
- ecartis
  ! pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{page.1}) has been already used, duplicate ignored
  <to be read again>
                   \penalty
- ecasound2.2:
  ./eci_doc.latex:15: Warning: File \jobname.htoc not found
- freefem:
  ./freefem.tex:23: Warning: Command not found: \PassOptionsToPackage
  ./freefem.tex:46: Warning: keyval, uknown key: ``gobble''
  ./freefem.tex:46: Warning: keyval, uknown key: ``numbers''
  [...]
- freefem3d:
  Package hyperref Warning: Token not allowed in a PDFDocEncoded string,
  (hyperref)                removing `\special' on input line 1.
  [...]
  dvips: Unknown keyword (PUSH) in \special will be ignored
  dvips: Unknown keyword (RED) in \special will be ignored
  dvips: Could not find figure file COLOR; continuing
  [...]
- freetype1: Does not generate documentation?
- gap-ctbllib:
  Lots of messages like:
  Reference `CTblLib' undefined.
- gnucap:
  Warning: Could not find program file: xxdate.exe
  ./gnucap-man.tex:47: Warning: File \jobname.htoc not found

Some have the combination of:
  ** menu entry without previous node: License (l. 98)
  ** node_prev `Top' for `License' not found
  ** `Distrib' doesn't appear in menus
(am-utils, esh, fdutils)

I did not have time to look at all those that appeared to have
been built succesful.

Can't be build currently (C++ transition, xorg-x11, ...)
- acl2
- axiom
- boot-floppies
- cmucl
- crystalspace
- darcs
- drift
- gmsh
- ion2
- kdegraphics
- lhs2tex
- maxima
- papaya
- evince

Have other problems building not related to tetex, and I'll file
bugs about those if they don't exist yet:
- bibtool
- clif
- flite
- gcl
- gclcvs
- jlint
- lilypond
- lyx
- pointless
- pspp
- saoimage
- sbcl
- sbm
- skribe
- transfig
- xconq
- xen
- xfree86
- xorg-x11
- tmview

Should I worry about messages like:
Underfull \hbox (badness 2368)
Overfull \hbox (21.3942pt too wide)
LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/cmtt/m/n' undefined
LaTeX Warning: Reference `sec-cblash' on page 7 undefined on input line 452.
** `XXX' doesn't appear in menus:

This was the list of everything directly build depending on it,
and I'll do one with the indirect build dependencies soon.

Kurt