Re: 3.0-2

weg@indiscrete.org (Eythan Weg) schrieb:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:36:33 +0100,
>  Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>
>   weg@indiscrete.org (Eythan Weg) schrieb:

>     > I guess I cannot expect that the installation
>     > lmodern will correct.  The configuration resides
>     > with root.  Can this be fixed?
>
>   What do you mean with "resides with root"? Files are created in root's
>   home directory?
>
>   Can you tell us exactly what you did and what happened?
>
> After installing tetex, I reinstalled lmodern. I
> believe that tetex does not produce anything in
> root.  But when I could not use lmodern I saw the
> whole private configuration under root and not in
> /var/lib/texmf.

Hm, I start understanding.  With "in root", you mean
configuration/generated files in subdirectories of root's home
directory, /root/, right?

So that means that you get a /root/.texmf-var/fonts/map directory with
various subdirectories and files, right? Do you also get other .texmf-*
directories in /root, or /root/texmf?

It seems we have to patch updmap similarly to fmtutil, so that it acts
like updmap-sys when invoked by root.

Thanks for the report, Frank