Re: [Matthias Faulstich] Re: Installation /Configuration Problem with tetex

Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 12:12 schrieb Frank Küster :
> Matthias Faulstich <faulstich@elon07.fh-swf.de> wrote:
> >> So the file is there, but it isn't found - obviously the search paths
> >> are wrong.  Please run the command
> >>
> >> kpsewhich --debug=126 -progname=latex -format=tex latex.ini >
> >> latex.ini.debug 2>&1
> >>
> >> And send us the resulting file latex.ini.debug
> >
> > This time; I ran it as normal user.
> > So here it is...
>
> It seems you have set the variable TEXINPUTS - what's the output of
>
> echo $TEXINPUTS
Yes, I have. I can't rememeber why, but I have set it a long time ago. Anyway,
it was set during the time, latex ran without problems.

So, after
unset TEXINPUTS
and
echo $TEXINPUTS
returns an empty line,
latex still cannot compile:

mfai1:/home/matthias/tmp# latex tests.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt

Warning: fmtutil is being run as root; fmtutil-sys should probably be
used instead.  If this is done by a Debian package upon installation,
upgrade, or removal, please file a bug against that package.

fmtutil-sys: fmtutil-sys: unknown option `latex.fmt'. Try fmtutil-sys --help
for help.
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

So this should not be the problem.

Regards
Matthias