Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

Hi all!

On Son, 16 Okt 2005, Florent Rougon wrote:
> IMHO, the right thing to do here is:
>
>    dh_installtexfonts [options...] 10foo.cfg 10bar.cfg ...
>
> or (as with most debhelper scripts), let the user (well, the packager)
> list these .cfg files in a file that is looked for by your script
> (package.texmapcfg or whatever less ridiculous name you can come up
> with--sorry!).
>
> The .cfg files are written by the user and you don't have to deal with
> their contents. All you have to to is install them in

I am not the same opinion. In fact I consider these cfg files not part
of the font package, but only necessary for certain useful applications.

But there is a more severe reason: I want to be sure that the
MagicComment always occur in the .cfg file, which I cannot be sure if
the developer suplies the config file.

Probably an option would be to make a parameter specifying the NAME of
the cfg file (the part after the 10), thus th developer *can* create
several .cfg files by not using package.maps and calling
dh_installtexfonts with cmd line arguments.

What do other think about this?

> If your script works well, it should IMHO be included in tex-common and
> packages using it should Build-depend on tex-common.

Also good with me, I have moved it out into it's own branch for now, but
tex-common is probably a better idea, you are right.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
LOUTH (n.)
The sort of man who wears loud check jackets, has a personalised
tankard behind the bar and always gets served before you do.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff