Re: postinst and abort-remove/deconfigure (was: lmodern package ready for teTeX 3 and upgrades from sarge)

On Die, 11 Okt 2005, Frank Küster wrote:
> >   - you appear to think nothing should be done on disappear? I think the
> >     package gets removed and therefore, the map files should be updated
> >     accordingly;
>
> I think that also the teTeX packages do not take into account that
> postinst can be called with abort-remove or abort-deconfigure, and
> similarly for other maintianer scripts.  Now with texlive we should.

Two questions:
1) Do we have to take "disappear" into account for TeX packages? We
   conflict with each other, so we will for sure never replace each
   other. AFAIU this is the precondition for a disappear call?

2) (ignorant Norbert) What would be on the todo list on case of a
   abort-remove and abort-deconfigure? No idea for me.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
PEEBLES (pl.n.)
Small, carefully rolled pellets of skegness (q.v.)
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff