Re: lmodern package ready for teTeX 3 and upgrades from sarge

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 13:01 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,

>> > Yes. Probably we can hardcode them.
>>
>> We should add a remark about how changes in the future will be made;
>> after that you can hardcode them in the maintainer scripts.
>
> Would it make sense to provide a file in tex-common defining these
> variables that could simply be 'sourced' in the maintainer scripts?

Hm, well.

> think /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf comes close, but the local admin
> could rename this file.

And the syntax is different;  most notably earlier definitions
*overwrite* later ones.

An other approach that I'd like better would be to write a debhelper
script that would do all the font stuff, like putting code snippets into
maintainer scripts.  It could also cater for putting the updmap.d
snippet at the right place, check for the magic comment and put the
files into /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap.cfg/ (see #320147).